Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Inner Demons (Peachville High Demons, #2) by Sarra Cannon

Inner Demons (Peachville High Demons, #2)


My rating: 5 of 5 stars


4.5 Stars


This is the second novella in the Peachville High Demon series and, I must say, I found it just as engrossing and enchanting as the first book,Beautiful Demons. Told from the perspective of the young recruit, Harper Madison, the dialogues are deftly handled. The uncertainty and angst of the sixteen-year-old protagonist, Harper, resonates throughout. However, through it all, Harper struggles to make the right choices and to discover who she is and what she truly wants to become. She is stubborn, loyal and likable, with a deep, abiding passion for unraveling the mystery inherent in Peachville. There are dark entities apparently existing in a symbiotic relationship with the prominent citizens of the small, exclusive community, and Harper becomes the prize in a long-standing conflict between two factions.



I wholeheartedly recommend this series to mature readers as well teens. The pacing is fast; I was never allowed to become bored or to let my attention wander. The author is adept at creating situations and encounters that surprise and bemuse. As Harper’s world view changes, and she becomes caught up in events she never expected, we are given front-row seats, and also the opportunity to watch her blossom. I am very much looking forward to reading the next book in this series.
 Laurie-J
Reviewer forNight Owl Reviews

View all my reviews

2 comments:

Alexis @ Reflections of a Bookaholic said...

The cover of that book reminds me of one of my high school cheerleading uniforms :)

Laurie said...

Yep.....ours were green and gold, though. Thanks so much for stopping by and taking time to post a comment. :)