Friday, April 8, 2011

Chasing Fire by Nora Roberts

                                                              5 Cups
Nora Roberts launches the reader right into the thick of the excitement of being one of the elite smoke jumpers. The commitment and dedication of the men and women battling on the front lines against the raging infernos of monstrous forest fires is brought fully to life and unflinchingly realized in this compelling novel that is also a heartfelt tribute to those brave individuals. The story is complex but easy to follow as Nora Roberts proves, once again, her ability to masterfully weave numerous sub-plots, motives, and characters into a wholly satisfying reading experience.  The characters are believable and, for the most part, sympathetic. I quickly became invested in them – their triumphs and their heartbreaks. This well-researched and absorbing extreme adventure romance is sure to appeal wildly to a broad cross-section of readers.  This is a must-buy, must-read addition to your Nora Roberts shelf.  Read Full Review

Reviewer for Coffee Time Romance & More

3 comments:

Erin O'Riordan said...

I'm not usually a big Nora fan, but I did like her Morrigan's Cross series.

Laurie said...

Hi Erin, Thanks from coming by. :) I like much of what Nora Roberts writes. I loved the Morrigan Cross series, too. Chasing Fire is contemporary only but I just ate it up....never, ever loosing interest even though it's a pretty hefty book size-wise.

Espana said...

I love how Nora writes men, and one of the reasons I enjoy her series so much is because they usually have tons of bromance in them… It’s time for me to set my issues aside and read this book, I was hoping that my weariness would last until all three books were out, so at least I wouldn’t have to wait, but obviously I have no willpower because my annoyance lasted 2 weeks…