Friday, March 18, 2011

Heartwood by Belva Plain

                        5 CUPS
This book captivated me from the first page.  In its telling, the story unfolded beautifully, piece by small piece, section by section.  The flow and the sentences were structured with such precision it was truly a delight to turn to each new page. The author’s astute understanding of human relationships and of the bonds between family members radiates throughout.  Caught up in the lives of characters I cared for I had little thought for the passage of time and read late, late into the night.  There is no preachiness in the tone, just a deep, discerning, clear delivery that shines with uncanny perceptiveness.  What a terrible loss that this author is no longer among us.  Like the title of this book, Ms. Plain’s stories are like heartwood – strong and enduring – and will, no doubt, be treasured through many future generations. Read Full Review


3 comments:

bookluvrmindy said...

Hi! Love the blog design! I stumbled accross your blog through BookBlogs and I am now a follower!
Will you follow me?
http://www.magicalurbanfantasyreads.com/

Laurie said...

Hi Mindy! So happy you found me and thanks for letting me know....Sure, I'll follow you. Looks like we have a similar taste in books. :)

Dana Wright said...

Hi! Thanks for the follow!