Saturday, February 5, 2011

Cattitude by Edie Ramer

        5 STARS
Recently, I had the pleasure of reading and reviewing Dead People, for Coffee Time Romance and More, by this author.  Well, I have to tell you I liked that book so well that I searched the web to find other books written by her.  When I found a short story, The Seventh Dimension and another novel, Cattitude, I immediately purchased them both.

Yesterday, I was browsing my TBR list and I opened Cattitude. As soon as I began reading, I was hooked. I had found another unusual and well-written book – a rare gem! It is populated with characters I came to care about, most especially the cat, Belle, and the little, lonely neighbor girl, Gwen.  I found myself chuckling at the way Belle viewed the world after the horrible accident that should have killed her. I love cats, their warts and all, and it is so easy to see that the author is a kindred spirit because her understanding of cats and their behaviors is just so evident in the writing of this tale.  This is such an engaging, easy read that time just seemed to fly by as I was engrossed with my nose in the story.  And yet, there is substance to the novel, as well. There are enough characters and sub-plots that I never got bored or lost interest, not even for a minute.  The characters made choices throughout based on their world view and personal priorities.  There were many interesting personalities on stage at various times and the author juggled everything flawlessly.  This is such a “feel good” story that I am still grinning. Ms. Ramer is at the top of my favorite authors list and I wish her much continued success with her future endeavors and I sincerely hope she endeavors to write more of these amusing, engaging and thought-provoking books.   

Reviewed by Laurie

* I purchased this book in Kindle format from Amazon.

Author's Website


Edie Ramer said...

Laurie, thank you for the great review! I had fun writing Cattitude, and I'm so glad you enjoyed it.

Houston A.W. Knight said...

Hey Hon,

Just dropping in to enjoy the review and let you know I've got an invite for you over at my place. I'm being interviewed today and tomorrow and would love for you to come. There is a link on my blog to Rhonda's place.


N. R. Williams said...

Greetings Laurie:
I found you on a forum on Amazon and came by to read this. I'm always on the look out for more blogs that do reviews and have already added you to my blog roll under readers and reviewers. I'll hop over to the other blog you mentioned too. I'd love a review and haven't seen the location to submit to yet, but I'll keep looking.
N. R. Williams, fantasy author

Laurie said...

Welcome Nancy!! Thanks so much!!

Elisabeth Hirsch said...

I really want to read, "Dead People." It must be awesome if it made you want to buy more of her books. Thanks for the awesome review. I'm so glad I found you on book blogs.