Saturday, February 5, 2011

Bones by K. J. Dahlen

          3 CUPS
The story grabbed me immediately. The events unfold relentlessly as Max investigates the murders and uncovers a conspiracy of silence. The sentences used to convey the mystery are short and generally unadorned with much descriptive detail. The narration is straight-forward and sharp, as it slices like a razor into the recesses of the reader’s imagination. I especially enjoy the relationships between Max and his co-workers and friends. His respect for their talents and overriding concern for their well-being is admirable and should be emulated; he is an extraordinary role-model. Overall, I think the story is well-told, but there are a few occasions when I found myself questioning why a particular action was either made or left undone, as it seemed to me to be somewhat pat or slightly off-kilter. All-in-all, though, this is an enjoyable mystery that kept my interest from beginning to end.  Read Full Review


No comments: