Saturday, January 8, 2011

The WILCO Project by Daniel Springer

      4 CUPS
Image courtesy GoodReads
The characters are likable and are depicted with believable goals, aspirations, motives and characteristics. The dialogues sounded authentic and were helpful in moving the story forward. I especially liked the description of the game and its various play modes. It seemed like a game that college age students, in particular, would enjoy playing. All-in-all, I found this novel to be a nicely-structured mystery that conveyed a realistic and quite visceral sense of atmosphere throughout. For example, in the huge, ice-cold room filled with the ear-deafening noise of enormous mainframe computers, I could feel the goose bumps rise on my arms as Bobbi gleams information from an unattractive computer geek. Later, playing the game, she is outside in the hot, humidity of a dark night, running across campus, I felt my heart-pound and my pulse race right along with hers, as she races to capture the prize. The realistic descriptions kept my eyes glued to pages as I read with a voracious, gluttonous appetite, greedily devouring the words until, at last, reaching the thrilling conclusion, I was sated. Read Full Review

Reviewer for Coffee Time Romance & More

No comments: