Monday, January 24, 2011

Forbidden by Robin Badillo


     4.25 STARS
Set in the Australian Outback, populated with characters that lived fully in my imagination, and filled with thrilling action and tender moments; this book held my rapt attention from start to finish.  The conversations were believable and sometimes quite witty.  This is the 2nd book in the Journey of the Damned series but was entertaining and surprisingly readable on its own.  There were a few references made to earlier events from the first book, but they just whet my appetite, and made me more determined to read it, also.  I was somewhat disappointed that Forbidden ended with a bit of a cliff-hanger, but that is alright, since I actually want to read more of this series anyway.  I genuinely liked the sassiness of the leading female character, and I loved the way in which she told this story. Read More

Reviewer for Night Owl Reviews

9 comments:

shah wharton said...

Hi Laurie - Just read your comment on review of DRACULAS on wordsinsync.blogspot.com - many thanks. I'm returning the follows - and the book above, not my cuppa tea! You two great blogs - where do you find the time? ;) Shah. X

Tami Jackson said...

Cliff hangers can be so painful can't they? I mean ... when it may take more than a year for an author to write the next book (while you are dangling all that long while!)

Laurie said...

Hi Tami, In this case though I am totally in luck. I was able to snag the next book in the series, Scorned, for review. I hope to read it within the next few days.... Yippee!!

The Crypto-Capers Series said...

I am stopping by for the Creative Weekend Blog Hop. I am a follower. Please follow me at http://thecryptocapersseries.blogspot.com
Thanks!
Renee

shah wharton said...

Hey -me again. Thanks for putting my button up - i do feel proud of it. Sad me thinks! ;) Thank you so much for linking up on the hop. Brilliant to have you with us. Shah. X

Laurie said...

It's a BEAUTIFUL button! I have been attempting to make a button for my blog, too...don't know if it will ever happen though. LOL

Ann Rodela said...

Thanks for following my blog. This is a great site!!!! :)

Robin_Badillo said...

Laurie,
Thank you so much for the reviews you posted of Journey of the Damned: Forbidden and Scorned. I had never been reviewed before and with these being my first ever published works, I was touched and thrilled that you enjoyed them. Sorry about the cliff hanger. I tried to make up for it. BTW, your blog has a new fan, not because of your reviews, but because of the excellent content and your awesome interaction with your readers! Keep it up and thanks again!
Robin Badillo

Laurie said...

You made my day! I enjoyed both books and hope I can find the time to read the first one in the series, too. It's a joy for me to find talented storytellers and you are definitely one. I look forward to following your continued success!!