Friday, January 21, 2011

Dead People by Edie Ramer

ASIN: B004D4Y5Y6
Nov 2010
Self Published
E-Book
$2.99
193 Pages
Paranormal Romance
Rating: 5 Cups

I have never had the pleasure of reading a book quite like this one. The concept is delivered in a delightful manner that is fun and made totally believable. I found all the characters interesting. They are flawed but most are still quite substantive. Joe, Cassie’s ghostly sidekick is valiant and loyal. Erin is a sad, conflicted waif trying to find her way in a maelstrom of emotions that many adults would find daunting, yet she perseveres. Erin’s loyalties are misguided but so recognizable and heart-rending.  And have I mentioned the ghosts?  The way in which this author portrayed these ethereal beings, giving them life, is nothing short of wondrous! Read Full Review

Reviewer for Coffee Time Romance & More

Other books by Edie Ramer I want to read (if I ever get any time to do so):

Cattitude
The Seventh Dimension  (short story)


 

Images courtesy of the author's website

4 comments:

Laurie (BittenbyParanormalRomance) said...

I really enjoyed this book. I wish she would write more.

Laurie said...

Hi Laurie, (makes me want to sing "your name is my name, too! {john jacob jingleheimerschmiht}LOL) Thanks for your comment. I just downloaded two others from Edie off Amazon for $.99 each...and appended my original post. :)

Tami Jackson said...

This sounds great. I love it when the author presents well developed characters. I'd read the book myself now if I didn't just receive more in my inbox.

I'll be back ... soon as my slush pile gets a little bit smaller!

Edie Ramer said...

Laurie, my Google alert brought me here and to The Blog Farm. I really appreciate that you posted the review so many places. That's very cool!

Thanks to the other Laurie, too. I hope to have another book available by March. It's written; I'm just revising. The hero is a former dragon who turned into a man over the years.