Friday, January 7, 2011

Castlegate's Legacy by Tammie Flowers

       3 CUPS
Photo courtesy New Concepts      This is, with one exception noted below, a beautiful story - romantic and sensual - that is marred by poor sentence structure. Conjunctions, especially, were overused and misused in run-on sentences. I was also aghast that Lord Cade would ask the physician to check that a stranger’s hymen was intact when she was in his home, unconscious, being treated for a concussion. I deliberately chose to overlook the way in which the story was written and concentrate instead on the emotions it invoked after Kate awoke.  The love and loyalty shared by Cade and Kate made me care about them, as well as the various supporting characters.  I relished being transported back in time when life was filled with simpler pleasures. I reveled that their love transcended centuries and that neither ever gave up on their perfect love. It is my hope that the author will hone her technical skills; that in future endeavors her imaginative ideas may be conveyed more adeptly.  Read Full Review

Reviewed by Laurie
Reviewer for Coffee Time Romance & More

No comments: