Friday, December 10, 2010

HOW I LEARNED TO LOVE THE WALRUS BY BETH ORSOFF

How I Learned to Love the WalrusHOW I LEARNED TO LOVE THE WALRUS
ASIN: B004A8ZVM0
Nov 2010

Clark Street Books
E-Book
$2.99
294 Pages
Women's Fiction
Rating: 5 Cups



I found this novel utterly riveting as I tagged along with Sydney on her adventures.  I was there to share her grief and heartbreak over the desperate plight of the small animal adrift alone in the deep waters of the Arctic. I commiserated with her as she was blasted by the fickle nature of love and desire.  But mostly I laughed as she courageously learned about herself and about the walruses. The serious topic of the effects of global warming on our wildlife is handled in an entertaining yet thought-provoking manner. Sydney is a plucky, likable lead character. The secondary characters are also endowed with plausible motives and individualized characteristics making this story an exceptional read.  Read full Review  




No comments: